This photo walk is for those photographers who are also cat enthusiasts! Join Monika Deviat of Deviant Optiks Photography for a Photowalk in Calgary on July 25th, 2019. The photo walk will begin at the Regal Cat Cafe in Kensington.
*All proceeds from this event will be donated to the MEOW Foundation.*
Our cat time begins at 6:45pm and we have 45 minutes to spend with these creatures – you can try to capture their best side…or just give them pets and play with them the entire time. The choice is yours. If you haven’t figured out your semi-automatic or manual modes, come down a little bit earlier and Monika will help you find what you need on your camera. More details will be sent to registrants before the event.
After the cat cafe we head through Kensington and work our way along the paths beside Memorial Drive.
The goal for the workshop will be to experiment with handheld shots! It is recommended to bring your tripod in case there is a really good sunset and you’re committed to staying up late. Sunset is at 9:45pm.
What to Bring:
- Appropriate clothing (it will probably be quite hot in July, but bring layers for the evening cool down)
- Good footwear for walking
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Camera manual if you’re not very familiar with your gear
- Any lenses you would like use
- Tripod (optional)
- Water, snacks, etc.
Kitty Visitation Rules
For the safety and comfort of both you and our resident kitties, guests must adhere to the following rules during their visit:
1. Before entering the Kitty Kingdom, please wash your hands.
2. Children 10 and under must be supervised by an adult present in the Kitty Kingdom.
3. No loud noises please. Cats are quiet creatures, and appreciate a calm atmosphere.
4. Do not chase the cats or pull their tails. Trust us, they do not like this!
5. Do not pick up the cats, let them come to you. All cats are different, and some do not like 6. being picked up or carried.
6. Be cautious when petting the cats. Keep your petting to the cat’s head and upper body in short intervals. Refrain from touching their stomach and back end no matter what they tell you!
7. Please turn off your flash when taking photos. Bright flashes may startle the cats.
8. Do not share your food or drink with the cats. They are trying to watch their figures.
9. Above all, please use common sense. Guests not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave for the safety of our cats.
Tickets are non refundable but can be transferred. Please contact the organizer to confirm transfers.